- To help students develop a democratic attitude and leadership qualities.
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Helping students share responsibilities and develop abilities towards group living.
- Helping students develop a capacity to handle emergency situations and natural disasters.
- To practice national integration and social harmony.
- To develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
“NOT ME BUT YOU”
in view of making the youth inspired in service of the people and hence NSS aims education through community service and community service through education.