All the employees of Jeppiaar Institute of Technology
- Shall always maintain absolute integrity and sincere devotion to duty and loyalty to the institution and shall do nothing that would or is likely to tarnish the image or reputation of the Institution, or adversely affect its interests.
- Shall abide by and comply with the rules and regulations of the college/trust and all the orders and the directions of the management or his/her superior authorities, under whose superintendence control, he/she is placed.
- Shall abide by the rules and regulations of the Institution, framed by the management from time to time. Every staff member shall employ himself/herself honestly, efficiently, and diligently under the orders and the instructions of the management and their superiors under whom he/she shall, from time to time, be placed.
- Shall extend utmost courtesy and attention to all persons with whom he/she is to deal with in the course of discharge of his/her duties. All the staff members are expected to maintain a cordial relationship with other employees irrespective of the department and designation.
- Shall endeavour to promote the interest of the college and not to act in any manner prejudicial thereto and shall carry out duties and responsibilities assigned to his/her post and also to carry out any other duties assigned to him/her from time to time.
- Shall maintain secrecy - Every employee shall maintain the strictest secrecy regarding the College’s / employment affairs and the affairs of its constituents and shall not divulge, directly or indirectly, any information of confidential nature either to a member of the public or of the College’s staff, unless compelled to do so by a judicial or other authority or unless instructed to do so by a superior officer in the discharge of his/her duties.
- Shall discharge all the duties about the office diligently and as required by the administrators. No information related to any individual/firm engaged with the institution shall be divulged to any other employee of the institute/person/concern (relating to the Professional Fees / Salary / Perquisites, etc.)
- Shall strictly abide by any law relating to intoxicating drink or drug in force in any area in which he/she may happen to be for the time being and not to be under the influence of any intoxicating drink or drug during his duty. The employees must also not consume anything like pan, gutka, or any kind of smoking both inside the campus and outside during On-duties, Educational tours, etc.
- Shall not leave the college in the middle of the academic year under any circumstances. The request for resignation from the post can be entertained only at the end of any academic year with advance notice of two months or in lieu, two months of emoluments should be paid to the institution. However, the management reserves the right to terminate your service at any point in time based on the enormity of the reason.
- Shall not take up any other employment or assignment whether it is honorary or cash or otherwise without the permission of the competent authority. You shall do additional hours of service, as may be required depending on the exigency of work.
- Shall not join or continue to be a member of any association/organization/political party for the objectives or activities of which are prejudicial to the interests of the sovereignty and integrity of the country or public order or morality.
- If any question arises whether a party is a political party or whether an organization takes part in politics or whether any organization engages in activities prejudicial to the interests of the sovereignty and integrity of the country or public order or morality, the college and all the staff members shall follow the decision taken by the Government / MHRD / AICTE / DOTE / Anna University.
Staff shall maintain the appropriate levels of confidentiality concerning student and staff records and other sensitive matters. They should take care not to discuss issues of particularly sensitive matters within the institute community which could cause distress to institute staff, students, or parents.